Saturday, September 19, 2009

HELLO INTERTUBES



It has been quite a while since I've posted. I've since finished the painting that was in progress in the last post, as seen above. I've also done a bunch of other work expounding and exploring subjects of voluntary consciousness-alteration. I grew poppies in my studio which were displayed next to the painting, however I never documented it because I am an idiot. I also started and finished this following painting but never got a finished photo before I dismantled the painting to move it:
This painting was about 6 feet by 4 feet, one day I will re-stretch it but my imagination has since drifted to other topics. While I am still enamored and fascinated by brains and the way reality and its perception can be altered voluntarily/unwittingly through chemicals my new work is a little more preoccupied with the nature of the gaze and the act of looking, a time honored concern of Art with a capital A. I will do my best to keep this more up to date from now on! signing out for today, dear internet.






No comments:

Post a Comment