Tuesday, February 17, 2009

the seat of consciousness

I'd like to thank everybody that made it to the closing reception of FEAR.  Work.Detroit is a nice space and  I am glad it exists.  The more galleries in Detroit, the better.  Below is the beginning of a body of work in which I intend to explore the alteration of consciousness through chemical means, i.e. intentionally consuming things derived from natural sources with an intended, reality-altering effect.  These alterations take place, of course, in the brain - the seat of consciousness.  I am fascinated by brains.. their seemingly infinite potential, their crude appearance that is repulsive but at the same time very beautifully intricate, how certain chemicals can affect the way they work and the way we perceive our surroundings.  Anyways, without further pontification, here's the photo of my new painting:




No comments:

Post a Comment